Knowledge Path. Training Program
The priority objective of the Training Program is to improve the qualifications and professional skills necessary to carry out the work and, in the case of the research staff, to carry out translational and excellent research in the lines of research prioritized by the IRSJD, and in Innovation.
We are committed to talent and the development of human capital, and, with this objective, the 2019-2022 strategic plan includes different work lines aimed at reinforcing staff training.
On the other hand, our commitment to the recently obtained "HR Excellence in Research" recognition ensures compliance with the principles of the European Charter for researchers, according to which institutions must develop an attractive workplace and a stimulating environment. In this sense, the development of talent through training is particularly relevant.
Furthermore, at the general context level, our professionals need to develop a series of skills that allow them to evolve satisfactorily in their professional careers (inside or outside our Institution) and adapt to a flexible work environment. Faced with this scenario, the development of generic and transferable skills also takes on special relevance.
This training plan is complemented by seminars and training activities carried out by the institutions that make up the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu.
Who is it for?
The training plan considers the training and young researcher hired by the FSJD (or Cyber) as the primary recipients, and the staff that makes up the Research Institute: training staff, technical support staff, post-doctoral staff and senior both own and attached. This training program is also aimed at the Management Staff and the staff of the FSJD Clinical Trials Unit.
On the other hand, this program will also be open to the different hospitals of the Order of St.John of God personnel who wish to focus on research.
In addition, the possibility of including other groups outside the Institution in the framework of the Research Seminars and Scientific Conferences of the Institute is incorporated.
Training and organizational modalities
To promote the development of the different competence dimensions, five types of training modalities are established:
- Knowledge and techniques (KLD): Activities aimed at increasing scientific knowledge and the tools and techniques necessary for research.
- Soft Skills (SS): Activities aimed at working on personal qualities and skills.
- Organization and Governance (GOV): Activities aimed at learning about internal regulations and work procedures. In some cases, it will be compulsory training (Ex. PRL/Criminal Risks...)
- Formació institucional (Values): Institutional training will allow a deeper identification with the values of Sant Joan de Déu, and the application of these values on a day-to-day basis.
- Specific English Programs (EP): English Workshops for Researchers/ Business English Program.
At the organizational level, we have two types of modalities:
- Specialization sessions: Duration less than 2h.
- Courses: Activities lasting more than 2h.
The Training Programme takes into account the Competence Framework for Research Staff of the European Commission, and therefore, the courses of the Programme will cover the seven axes of the Framework.
Recommended actions according to the professional category
Planned training activities planned for 2023
This corporate calendar will be complemented by:
- IRSJD Scientific Seminars
- NeuroConCiència Seminars
- MondaYmaging Seminars
- Innovation Networks Courses
Procedure and operating regulations
1. Inscription process
- The primary recipients will be informed of the opening of the training actions through internal communications. The communication will include the content detail, the planning of the actions planned for the following months, and the registration code. The number of places planned and the group to which the action is directed will also be communicated. If you do not have an employment contract with the FSJD (or Ciber) or if you are not part of the IRSJD, you must send an email to email@example.com to request the registration code.
- Enrolment must be made through the SJD Training platform for each training action once the enrollment period opens. Registration for the seminars given by the Sant Joan de Déu Library will be done through its website.
- If the number of people does not exceed the number of available places, all interested people may register if the eligibility criteria are met (the target group will be defined in each activity).
- If the number of interested people is greater than the number of available places, priority will be given to people hired by the Institution, and the registration will be by order of request.
Important note: It will be the responsibility of each interested party to have previously obtained authorization from their manager to be able to attend the selected course since most courses take place during business hours.
2. Formalization of the registration and commitment of the participants
- From the Training Coordination, all those who have been included in the registration will be informed. The rest will be kept on the waiting list in order of arrival for the next session.
- In case the registered person cannot attend the session, he/she must inform the training (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to incorporate another person from the waiting list.
Important note: People who do not attend two training activities without prior notice will not be able to participate in other training activities this year.
3. Participation certificate
- Each participant will receive a diploma of participation after each session. Once the training action is finished, you will be able to access the Virtual Classroom to answer the survey and download the attendance or accreditation certificate.
4. Evaluation of the training action
- After each session, an evaluation survey of the training activity will be carried out to analyze the content, trainers, and format of the activity to continue improving the quality of future annual training programs.
Annual English Program
A continuous English program is offered to all FSJD professionals. It is a program lasting between 6 and 9 months and requires a weekly dedication of 2 hours. Groups will be between 4 and 7 people.
Program access Requirements
- Seniority in the Institution of more than 6 months at the time of applying for registration.
- That the employment contract is expected to be valid during the current year.
- Commitment to continuing to attend the course by signing the letter of commitment. It will be compulsory to attend one week group classs and do individual work through an online platform (1 hour more). Therefore, a weekly dedication of 2 hours and for a period of 6 to 9 months is estimated. If you do not exceed 75% of the attendance, you will not be able to access the next period of the training and you may be able to request payment of part of the course according to the case. There will be a bimonthly follow-up of attendance by the People's Department. Places are limited and therefore please register only if attendance and dedication can be guaranteed.
- That the use of English is necessary for the correct development of the work and that consequently the request for inclusión in the program is endorsed by the immediate Head.
- Have an intermediate or upperintermediate level of English.
To sign up, you must send a signed letter of commitment to the Intranet.