The Biobank has a unique node structure, being the Management of the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital. We have a Biobank management committee, which is represented by the Medical Directorate of the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, the Management of the Sant Joan de Déu Foundation and the Innovation and Research directorate, who together with the Scientific Directorate of the Biobank work for encouraging biomedical research based on samples from patients
The management of the Biobank is responsible for liaising between the ethics and science committees, the Biobank and those in charge of the collections, as well as ensuring that the technical staff of the Biobank fulfil their tasks properly.
The Biobank consists of multiple collections, each of which has a collection manager.
Principal of the Biobanc
- Dr. Manuel del Castillo Rey. Managing Director of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Biobank Management Committee
- Dr. Jaume Pérez Payarols. Director of Innovation and Research of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
- Dr. Miquel Pons Serra. Medical Director of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital
- Sr. Emili Bargalló Angerri. Director of the Research Foundation Sant Joan de Déu
Scientific management of the Biobank
- Jesús Márquez
- Anna Codina
- Oscar Múñoz (Tumours Bank)
Biobank External Scientific Committee
- Perform the scientific evaluation of the sample transfer applications and data associated with them. Should the Committee issue an unfavourable report, it will be binding.
- To advise the owner of the scientific directorate on the adequacy of the established procedures to guarantee the quality, security and traceability of the stored data and samples and the procedures associated with the operation of the biobank from a scientific point of view.
- To advise the person in charge of the scientific management on the scientific aspects provided for in the biobank best practice document.
- To advise the person in charge of the scientific directorate on other matters that it submits to his consideration.
- Dr. Jaume Pérez Payarols. Director of Innovation and Research of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Isidre Ferrer. Researcher at the Institute of Neuropathology at Bellvitge Hospital and Professor of Pathological Anatomy at the Universitat of Barcelona.
- Dr. Josep Maria Lailla. Emeritus Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Universitat de Barcelona.
- Dr. Juan Jose García. Medical researcher of pediatric diseases of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital.
- Dra. Victòria Cusí Sanchez. A retired research doctor.
Clinical Research Ethics Committee (CEIm)
- If the Committee passes an unfavourable opinion, it shall be binding.
- To advise the owner of the scientific directorate on the adequacy of the established procedures to guarantee the quality, security and traceability of the stored data and samples and the procedures associated with the operation of the biobank from an ethical point of view.
- To advise the person in charge of the scientific management on the ethical and legal aspects provided for in the biobank's good practice document.
- Decide in cases where it is essential to send individualized information to the source subject, concerning the forecasts for the transfer of their samples and the results of the analyses performed when they may be relevant to their health.
- Assist the person in charge of the scientific direction, giving their opinion on other issues that are subject to their consideration.
- Brother Jesús Pineda Sánchez. Medicine - Pediatrics
- Dr. Bernabé Robles. Medicine – Neurology
- Dr. Neus Riba García. Clinical Pharmacology
- Brother Fernando Aguiló Martinez. Medicina Tropical
- Mrs. Clara Chamorro Pérez. Jurist
- Dr. Ofelia Cruz Martínez. Medicine - Oncology
- Mr. Angel del Campo Escota. Representatives of patient associations
- Dr. Beatriz del Pino Gaya. Hospital pharmacy
- Dr. Pau Ferrer Salvans. Clinical Pharmacology
- Dr. Sabel Gabaldon Fraile. Medicine - Psychiatry)
- Dr. Yolanda Jordán García. Medicine - ICU Pediatrics
- Dr. Ana Maria Martin Ancel. Medicine - Neonatology
- Dr. Laura Martínez Rodríguez. Senior Lecturer - Campus Docent SJD
- Dr. Ángel Montero Carcaboso. Pharmacy
- Mr. Eduard Puig Vaquero. Jurist -Data protection delegate
- Mrs. María Eugenia Rey Abella. AP Pharmacy
- Dr. Carlota Romans Ruiz. Medicine - Psychiatry
- Dr. Marisa Serra Alacid. Medicine - User Support Unit
- Dr. Joan Vinent Genestar. Hospital pharmacy