Ana Alarcon Allen
The researcher Ana Alarcón graduated in Medicine in 1998 from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. She got her PhD from the University of Barcelona in 2011.
Between 2013 and 2017 she worked as a Neonatologist Consultant and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford Hospital (United Kingdom). She maintains a bond with Oxford through a Clinical Research Fellowship.
In 2006, she joined as a Neonatologist at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
Her area of research is perinatal brain damage secondary to infection / inflammation or hypoxia-ischemia.
- García-Alix A, Arnaez-Solis J, Arca-Diaz G, Agut-Quiijano T, Alarcon A, Martín-Ancel A, Girabent-Farres M, Valverde E and Benavente-Fernandez I Development, Reliability, and Testing of a New Rating Scale for Neonatal Encephalopathy. JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS . 235: 83.
- Bertozzi APAP, Gazeta RE, Fajardo TCG, Moron AF, Soriano-Arandes A, Alarcon A, García-Alix A, Silva ABD, Filho NF, Sarmento SGP, Witkin SS and Passos SD Prevalence and diagnostic accuracy of microcephaly in a pediatric cohort in Brazil: a retrospective cross-sectional study. JORNAL DE PEDIATRIA . 97(4): 433-439.
- Ríos-Barnés M, Fortuny-Guasch C, Alarcon A and Noguera-Julián A Renal Involvement in Congenital Cytomegalovirus Infection: A Systematic Review. Microorganisms . 9(6): 1304.
- Project name:
- Estudio CRIB (Cribado de citomegalovirus congénito en recién nacidos sanos e ingresados - Barcelona)
- Ana Alarcon Allen
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2020 - 2022