Ana Alarcon Allen
The researcher Ana Alarcón graduated in Medicine in 1998 from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. She got her PhD from the University of Barcelona in 2011.
Between 2013 and 2017 she worked as a Neonatologist Consultant and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford Hospital (United Kingdom). She maintains a bond with Oxford through a Clinical Research Fellowship.
In 2006, she joined as a Neonatologist at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
Her area of research is perinatal brain damage secondary to infection / inflammation or hypoxia-ischemia.
- León-Lozano MZ, Arnaez-Solis J, Valls-Lafon A, Arca-Diaz G, Agut-Quiijano T, Alarcon A and Garcia-Alix A Cerebrospinal fluid levels of neuron-specific enolase predict the severity of brain damage in newborns with neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy treated with hypothermia. PLoS One . 15(6): e0234082.
- Dudink, J, Steggerda, SJ, Horsch, S and EurUS Brain Grp State-of-the-art neonatal cerebral ultrasound: technique and reporting PEDIATRIC RESEARCH . 87(SUPPL 1): 3-12.
- Fumagalli, M, Parodi, A, Ramenghi, L, Limperopoulos, C, Steggerda, S and EurUS Brain Grp Ultrasound of acquired posterior fossa abnormalities in the newborn PEDIATRIC RESEARCH . 87(SUPPL 1): 25-36.
- Project name:
- Estudio CRIB (Cribado de citomegalovirus congénito en recién nacidos sanos e ingresados - Barcelona)
- Ana Alarcon Allen
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2020 - 2022