Ana Alarcon Allen
The researcher Ana Alarcón graduated in Medicine in 1998 from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. She got her PhD from the University of Barcelona in 2011.
Between 2013 and 2017 she worked as a Neonatologist Consultant and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford Hospital (United Kingdom). She maintains a bond with Oxford through a Clinical Research Fellowship.
In 2006, she joined as a Neonatologist at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
Her area of research is perinatal brain damage secondary to infection / inflammation or hypoxia-ischemia.
- Ríos-Barnés M, Fortuny-Guasch C, Alarcon A and Noguera-Julián A Renal Involvement in Congenital Cytomegalovirus Infection: A Systematic Review. Microorganisms . 9(6): 1304.
- Hansen ML, Hyttel-Sørensen S, Jakobsen JC, Gluud C, Kooi EMW, Mintzer J, de Boode WP, Fumagalli M, Alarcon A, Alderliesten T and Greisen G The clinical effects of cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring (NIRS) versus no monitoring: a protocol for a systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis. Systematic Reviews . 10(1): 111-111.
- Ades AE, Soriano-Arandes A, Alarcon A, Bonafonte F, Thorne C, Peckham CS and Giaquinto C Vertical transmission of Zika virus and its outcomes: a Bayesian synthesis of prospective studies. LANCET INFECTIOUS DISEASES . 21(4): 537-545.
- Project name:
- Estudio CRIB (Cribado de citomegalovirus congénito en recién nacidos sanos e ingresados - Barcelona)
- Ana Alarcon Allen
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2020 - 2022