Cristian Launes Montaña
Cristian Launes graduated in Medicine from the University of Barcelona in 2005 and obtained his speciality in Paediatrics in 2010 at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. In 2012, he obtained his Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Barcelona with the Extraordinary Doctorate Award for his thesis on the 2009 pandemic influenza virus. He later became a post-doctoral researcher in the translational research group of paediatric infectious diseases in the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu.
Since 2011, he has worked as an inpatient paediatrician at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. The care areas of special interest, and the one that has developed the most during this time, are the diagnosis and treatment of children with infectious diseases and the global treatment of children and adolescents after highly complex procedures and surgeries.
He has been teaching and is a resident tutor, accredited by the Department of Health, since 2014. MIR Paediatric teaching coordinator since December 2019. Associate professor of Paediatrics at the University of Barcelona (SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital). Speaker in courses in the areas of paediatric hospital care, paediatric infectious diseases, and management of the newborn and critical child.
Regarding research, he is a researcher at the Pediatric Infectology Research Group at the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Dñeu and a researcher at the CIBER for Epidemiology and Public Health (CIBERESP).
In 2009, he began pre-doctoral training in clinical medicine (Paediatric Infectious Diseases, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, University of Barcelona) and biomedical research (Infectious diseases and systemic inflammatory response in paediatrics, Research Foundation Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona), specializing in respiratory viruses. Do the Research Master in Clinical Sciences (University of Barcelona).
- Deyà-Martinez A, García-García A, Gonzalez-Navarro EA, Yiyi L, Vlagea A, Jordán-García I, Fumadó Victoria, Fortuny-Guasch C, Español M, Launes-Montana C, Esteve-Sole A, Manel Juan Otero, Pascal M and Alsina L COVID-19 in children and young adults with moderate/severe inborn errors of immunity in a high burden area in pre-vaccine era CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY . 230: 108821-108821.
- Brotons-de los Reyes P, Jordán-García I, Bassat Q, Henares-Bonilla D, Fernández de Sevilla-Estrach M, Ajanovic S, Redin A, Fumadó Victoria, Baro B, Claverol J, Varo R, Cuadras-Palleja D, Hecht J, Barrabeig I, García-García JJ, Launes-Montana C and Munoz-Almagro C The Positive Rhinovirus/Enterovirus Detection and SARS-CoV-2 Persistence beyond the Acute Infection Phase: An Intra-Household Surveillance Study Viruses-Basel . 13(8): 1598.
- Brotons-de los Reyes P, Launes-Montana C, Buetas E, Fumadó Victoria, Henares-Bonilla D, Fernández de Sevilla-Estrach M, Redin A, Fuente-Soro L, Cuadras-Palleja D, Mele M, Jou-Munoz C, Millat P, Jordán-García I, García-García JJ, Bassat Q and Munoz-Almagro C Susceptibility to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection Among Children and Adults: A Seroprevalence Study of Family Households in the Barcelona Metropolitan Region, Spain. CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASES . 72(12): 1-8.
- Project name:
- Rinovirus humano (HRV) en niños menores de 5 años, del resfríado común a la unidad de intensivos: rol de la microbiota.
- Cristian Launes Montaña
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2018 - 2021