The Unit of Desing, Analysis and Interpretation of Omic data (DAI-Omics) provides expert support and individualised assistance for the design, analysis and interpretation of genomic studies conducted in the field of biomedical translational research. The DAI-Omics Unit integrates expertise in the field of genomics and bioinformatics with experience and knowledge of the genetic bases and the clinical context of human pathologies.
The DAI-Omics Unit provides support for researchers at the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona and Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, as well as external institutions.
The DAI-Omics Unit provides a comprehensive service that includes:
Consultancy for experimental Designwith Genomic Advice of genomic studies, focused on the research plan and objectives, taking into account samples resources, suitable genomic platforms (technology) and cost effective approaches.
Omics Data Analysis (Big Data)by means of annotated data, optimized bioinformatics pipeline and web-based tools specific for each type of data.
Interpretation and integrationof results with clinical and biological data in the context of the research plan and scientific knowledge.
The DAI-Omics Unit also provides assistance for the preparation and deposit of databases for at public genomic data repositories.
- Define objectives and research plan
- Samples (Cohort, type and references)
- Experimental design
- Adequate platform / technology
- Optimised pipeline: quality control, normalization and filtering
- Data processing and analysis
- Functional genomics analysis
- Data mining
- Personalized analyses
- UCSC Genome Browser settings
- Comparison with public databases
- Support for writing related sections of manuscripts
- Preparation and deposit of datasets at public genomic data repositories