Alejandro Rivera Baró
Jefe de Grupo
The researcher Alejandro Rivera graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona in 1982 to specialize in Stomatology by the same university in 1986. He has two Masters, one in Pediatric Dentistry since 1988 and one in Orthodontics since 1991, both from the University of Barcelona. He studied the PhD program in Child Physiopathology at the University of Barcelona in 2004 DEA.
From 1996 to 2012 he was professor of the Master in Orthodontics at the University of Barcelona and since 2012 he is co-director of the master.
Since 2011 he is the Head of the Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
Since 2018 he is co-director of the group "Hospital Dentistry, Clinical Orthodontic & Periodontal Medicine Research Group", linked to the Sant Joan de Déu Research Institute, which collaborates with the European International Program for the training of young researchers: "Scholarship Program for Young African Researchers - Coimbra Group Universities "
- Pau Cahuana Bartra, Abel Belizario Cahuana Cardenas, Brunet Ll, Ayats-Soler M, Miranda-Rius J and ALEJANDRO RIVERA BARÓ The use of 3D additive manufacturing technology in autogenous dental transplantation. 3D Printing in Medicine . 6(1): 16-16.
- Vázquez-Casas I, Sans-Capdevila O, Moncunill J and ALEJANDRO RIVERA BARÓ Prevalence of sleep-related breathing disorders in children with malocclusion. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry . 12(6): e555-e560.
- ANA ESCANILLA CASAL, ALEJANDRO RIVERA BARÓ, Aznar-Gómez M, Viaño-García JM, Sentís-Vilalta J and Rivera-Baró A Comparative study of postoperative morbidity in dental treatment under general anesthesia in pediatric patients with and without an underlying disease. INT J PAEDIATR DENT . 26(2): 141-148.
- Project name:
- Análisis tridimensional de los tejidos blandos faciales en pacientes sometidos a distracción y cirugía ortognática
- Alejandro Rivera Baró
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2002 - 2005