Jaume Miranda Rius
The researcher Jaume Miranda Rius received a degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1991 from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. In 1994 he graduated in Dentistry from the University of Barcelona and in 1997 he earned a Master's Degree in Periodontics from the University of Barcelona. He is a PhD in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona since 1997 and obtained the mention "cum laude".
In 1996, through the master program agreement between the Department of Odontostomatology of the University of Barcelona and Columbia University of New York, he made a stay at the Division of Periodontics -School of Dental & Oral Surgery
Since 1998, he has been an Associate Professor in the Department of Odontostomatology of the University of Barcelona.
In 2016, the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQU) granted him the research accreditation.
In 2017 he joined as a periodontist and consultant in the Dentistry Department of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. Since 2018 he is co-director of the AGAUR-SGR / GRE453 Accredited Group; Hospital Dentistry, Clinical Orthodontics & Periodontal Medicine research group (HDCORPEMrg) and is linked to the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu (IRSJD).
Currently at the IRSJD, within the HDCORPEMrg, he leads the periodontal medicine area and more specifically the line of investigation Periodontal Disease vs. Local and Systemic Inflammatory Response. On the other hand he co-leads the line of investigation: Gingival Enlargement vs. Connective tissue and gingival fibroblasts. All this, in order to apply this knowledge in patients of our maternal and child university hospital.
- Miranda-Rius J, Brunet Ll, Blanc V, Álvarez G, Moncunill J, Mashala EI, Kasebele Y, Masenga G, Nadal A and León R Microbial profile of placentas from Tanzanian mothers with adverse pregnancy outcomes and periodontitis. Oral diseases . 29(2): 772-785.
- Brunet Ll, Auria-Martin, Beatriz, Gonzalez-Chopite, Yndira, Cahuana-Bartra P, Mashala, Elias Isaack and Miranda-Rius J The use of silver diamine fluoride in a children's hospital: Critical analysis and action protocol. Clinical and Experimental Dental Research . 8(5): 1175-1184.
- Rabassa-Blanco J, Brunet Ll, Marcote-Sinclair P, Balsells S, Correa-Llano MG and Miranda-Rius J Prevalence of, and risk factors for, dental sequelae in adolescents who underwent cancer therapy during childhood. Oral diseases . : .
- Project name:
- SGR 2017_Hospital Dentistry & Periodontal Medicine Research Group
- Lluis Brunet Llobet
- Funding entities:
- Agaur - Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca
- 2017 SGR 00453
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2017 - 2021