Martí Pons Òdena
The researcher Martí Pons graduated in Medicine in 1990 from the University of Barcelona and obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Barcelona in 2013.
In 1998 he joined the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital where he is currently a senior consultant. Since 2006 he has been collaborating with the Sant Joan de Déu School of Nursing on the Master's in Hospitalization and Pediatric Intensive Care.
He has been Chair of the Respiratory Failure Section of the European Society for Pediatric Intensive Care (ESPNIC) between 2018 and 2021. Currently, he is a member of the Educational board of ESPNIC.
He also leads the respiratory dysfunction research group where the management of acute and chronic respiratory failure in pediatrics is studied with different respiratory support techniques.
In the line of research, he directs works related to the analysis of the effectiveness of the high-flow oxygen therapy technique, non-invasive ventilation in the acute patient. With more than 70 publications in the field, he has an H index of 15 and an i10 index of 41.
He is regularly involved in the evaluation and development of respiratory support devices for the management of respiratory failure.
- Adroher C, Celia Calvo i Benet, Pavon L, Ricard Casadevall Llandrich, Alvarez E, Maria Elisa Marsal Company, Lopez F, Pons-Odena M, MANUEL DEL CASTILLO REY and Morales-La Madrid A Implementation of clinical assistants in a pediatric oncology department: An impact analysis Health Services Management Research . : .
- Emeriaud G, López-Fernández YM, Iyer NP, Bembea MM, Agulnik A, Barbaro RP, Baudin F, Bhalla A, Brunow de Carvalho W, Carroll CL, Cheifetz IM, Chisti MJ, Cruces P, Curley MAQ, Dahmer MK, Dalton HJ, Erickson SJ, Essouri S, Fernández A, Flori HR, Grunwell JR, Jouvet P, Killien EY, Kneyber MCJ, Kudchadkar SR, Korang SK, Lee JH, Macrae DJ, Maddux A, Modesto I Alapont V, Morrow BM, Nadkarni VM, Napolitano N, Newth CJL, Pons-Odena M, Quasney MW, Rajapreyar P, Rambaud J, Randolph AG, Rimensberger P, Rowan CM, Sanchez-Pinto LN, Sapru A, Sauthier M, Shein SL, Smith LS, Steffen K, Takeuchi M, Thomas NJ, Tse SM, Valentine S, Ward S, Watson RS, Yehya N, Zimmerman JJ and Khemani RG Executive Summary of the Second International Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (PALICC-2). PEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE . 24(2): 143-168.
- Carroll CL, Napolitano N, Pons-Odena M, Iyer NP, Korang SK and Essouri S Noninvasive Respiratory Support for Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: From the Second Pediatric Acute Lung Injury Consensus Conference PEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE . 24(2): 135-147.
- Project name:
- Estudio de evaluación de la calidad de la VNI en UCI Pediátrica
- Martí Pons Òdena
- Funding entities:
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2008 - 2010