Cristina Jou Muñoz
Cristina Jou graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1997 from the University of Lleida Barcelona and obtained her specialist degree in Pathological Anatomy in 2002. Since 2008, she works at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital at the service of Pathological Anatomy, being the responsible for neuropathology.
In 2014, she made a stay at the Institute de Myologie in Paris with a dedication to muscle pathology, expanding his knowledge in electron microscopy.
Since 2015, she is a member attached to the Center for Biomedical Research in Rare Diseases Network (CIBERER), and is the author and co-author of more than 50 scientific publications.
Since 2018 she has been the scientific director of the Biobank of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, focused on promoting biomedical research in paediatrics at our centre but with an open assignment to other researchers. The Biobank has been part of the National Network of Biobanks of the Carlos III Health Institute since 2010, has been registered with the Generalitat since 2013.
- Brotons-de los Reyes P, Launes-Montana C, Buetas E, Fumadó Victoria, Henares-Bonilla D, Fernández de Sevilla-Estrach M, Redin A, Fuente-Soro L, Cuadras-Palleja D, Mele M, Jou-Munoz C, Millat P, Jordán-García I, García-García JJ, Bassat Q and Munoz-Almagro C Susceptibility to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection Among Children and Adults: A Seroprevalence Study of Family Households in the Barcelona Metropolitan Region, Spain. CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASES . 72(12): 1-8.
- Natera-de Benito D, Sola A, Sousa PR, Boronat S, Expósito-Escudero J, Carrera-García L, Ortez-Gonzalez CI, Jou-Munoz C, Muchart-Lopez J, Rebollo M, Armstrong-Moron J, Colomer J, Garcia-Cazorla A, Hoenicka J, Palau F and Nascimento-Osorio A Copper Toxicity Associated With an ATP7A-Related Complex Phenotype PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY . 119: 40-44.
- Yubero-Siles D, Natera-de Benito D, Pijuan J, Armstrong-Moron J, Martorell-Sampol L, Fernàndez G, Joan Maynou Fernández, Jou-Munoz C, Roldan M, Ortez-Gonzalez CI, Nascimento-Osorio A, Hoenicka J and Palau F The Increasing Impact of Translational Research in the Molecular Diagnostics of Neuromuscular Diseases INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES . 22(8): 4274.
- Project name:
- Plataformas de apoyo a la Investigación en Ciencias y Tecnologías de la Salud
- Teresa María Ribalta Farrés, Cristina Jou Muñoz
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2018 - 2021