Alicia Casals Gelpi
Jefe de Grupo Senior
Researcher Alicia Casals Gelpí is an industrial engineer from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (1978) and obtained her Doctorate in Computer Vision from the UPC in 1983.
From 2009 to 2015 she was head of the Robotics Group at the Institute of Bioengineering of Catalonia, developing projects in robotics applied to rehabilitation and surgery.
Since 1991 she has been a professor at the UPC. She has been a driving member of the European Robotics Network and a member of its governing team (2001-2008). In 2004 she created the IEEE Spanish Robotics Chapter, which she directed for the first two years. From 2008-2009 she was Vice President of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society and from 2017-2018 President of the Technical Committee on Biorobotics of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Since 2018 President of the Science and Technology Section of the Institut d'Estudis Catalans.
The research has been created by two companies of which she is a founding member, RobSurgicalSystems SL. Since 2012 she is a member of the Board of Directors, and Surgitrainer SL. 2016.
Since 2016 she has been the head of the Robotics and Vision group at CREB-UPC, leading the research in robotics applied to care, rehabilitation and surgery.
- Hernansanz A, Rovira R, Basomba J, Comas R and Casals-Gelpi A EndoTrainer: a novel hybrid training platform for endoscopic surgery. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER ASSISTED RADIOLOGY AND SURGERY . 18(5): 899-908.
- Finocchiaro M, Zabban C, Huan Y, Mazzotta A, Schosteck S, Casals-Gelpi A, Hernansanz A, Menciassi A, Arezzo A and Ciuti G Physical simulator for colonoscopy: a modular design approach and clinical validation IEEE Access . 11: 36945-36960.
- Farahi M, Casals-Gelpi A, Sarrafzadeh O, Zamani Y, Ahmadi H, Behbood N and Habibian H Beat-to-beat fetal heart rate analysis using portable medical device and wavelet transformation technique. Heliyon . 8(12): .
- Project name:
- Plan de negocio y comercialización: Sistema robótico de bajo coste para la ayuda en la rehabilitación de la marcha en niños con trastornos motores graves
- Julita Medina
- Funding entities:
- Fundación para la innovación y prospectiva en salud en España
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2018 - 2018