Laura Montserrat Pérez López
Congenital pathology of the upper limb. Development of new techniques in orthopedic surgery.
The researcher Laura M. Perez-Lopez graduated in Medicine from the Universitat de Barcelona in 2004. She completed her postgraduate degree in Surgical Anatomy of the Locomotor System at the Universitat de Barcelona in 2009. She is a Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universitat Barcelona since 2019, with Excellent Cum Laude and International Mention.
She has completed the following fellowships in Pediatric Upper Extremity Surgery in the last years:
- Hôpital des Enfants, Toulouse (France), fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology.
- Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. London (UK), fellowship in Reconstructive Surgery of the Pediatric Upper Extremity, with a Federation of European Societies of Surgery of the Hand (FESSH). grant.
- Children's Hospital. Los Angeles (USA), fellowship in Reconstructive Surgery of the Pediatric Upper Extremity, with a Gasol Foundation grant and the national call of Sociedad Española de Ortopedia Pediátrica (SEOP).
Between 2019 and 2020, she completed the Advanced Training of the Sociedad Española de Ortopedia Pediátrica (SEOP), thanks to a scholarship from the entity itself, where she was selected in the first place. She has also been trained in Wrist Arthroscopy for Application in Children and Adolescents, thanks to a grant from the Sociedad Española de Cirugía de la Mano (SECMA).
In the academic field, she is an associate professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the Universitat de Barcelona and associate professor of the Master's Degree in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera. She is a coordinator of the Pediatric Orthopedics course at the Asociación Española de Pediatría (AEP) and professor of the spanish title of Surgery of the Hand of the Sociedad Española de Cirurgía de la Mano (AEP).
In 2019, she joined the Upper Extremity and Congenital Pathology Unit of the Pediatric Orthopedics and Traumatology Service of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
She currently leads the research line "Congenital pathology of the upper limb" within the Orthopedic Surgery and Pediatric Traumatology research group of the Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu, where she has been a member since 2022.
She regularly publishes research articles on the pathology she treats (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=perez+lopez+lm+%5Bau%5D), and she is a regular reviewer for indexed journals in her area. She is also a member of the European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS) Pediatric Upper Extremity Pathology Study Group.
- Pérez-López LM, Subirá-Álvarez T, Martínez-Ruíz A, Noguera-Julián A, Tenorio V, Torner-Rubies F and García-Fontecha CG Non-axial osteoarticular tuberculosis in the paediatric age. revista espanola de cirugia ortopedica y traumatologia . 65(3): 186-194.
- Pérez-López LM, Vara-Patudo I, Torner-Rubies F, Tenorio V, Cabo LS, Fortuny-Guasch C and Knörr G Pediatric Psoas Abscess, Early Diagnosis of a Challenging Condition. Journal of Acute Medicine . 7(4): 158-166.
- Marisa Cabrera Gonzalez, Gutierrez-de la Iglesia D, García-Fontecha CG, Garcia-Garcia R, Ortega-Centol A and Pérez-López LM Poland syndrome: a new classification system based on a retrospective analysis of 74 cases. Journal Of Hand Surgery-British And European Volume . : .