Susana Rives Solà
Researcher Susana Rives graduated in Medicine in 1994 from the University of Barcelona and received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Barcelona in 2013.
Between 1995 and 1998 she specialized in Hematology and Hemotherapy at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
She spent two stays at prestigious children's leukemia centers in the United States, in 2001 at Saint Jude Research Children's Hospital in Memphis and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in 2014 where she trained in CAR-T at the Cell Therapy Service with the Dr. Stephen Grupp and Dr. Shannon Maude.
Since 2014 she has been teaching at the University of Barcelona in the Master of Biomedicine in Therapy and translational research in cancer. Block: Leukemia and lymphomas and in the Master's Degree in Pediatric Nursing. Block: Childhood cancer. In 2020 she is the coordinator of the CAR-T Indications block and patient evaluation in the University Specialization Diploma in CAR-T Therapies for hospital pharmacists and hematologists.
In 2000 she joined the Pediatric Hematology Service of the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital in Barcelona. Since 2019 she has been Head of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Functional Unit and coordinator of the CAR-T Multidisciplinary Therapy Team.
Coordinates with Dr. José Luis Dapena, the Leukemia Group of the SEHOP (Spanish Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology).
She is currently a principal investigator in 7 clinical trials with immunotherapy and CAR-T. She participated in the first CAR-T clinical trial in Spain, the ELIANA trial, and passed the FDA (U.S. Medication Agency) inspection that contributed to the FDA's approval of Tisagenlecleucel. Dr. Rives belongs to the CAR-T Expert Group of the Ministry of Health and participates in the Case Assessment Committee for CAR-T indication. She is the co-author of the Tisagenlecleucel Pharmaco-Clinical Protocol in pediatric and young adults. She is also a member of the CAR-T expert committee of the Catalan Health Service. She is a member of the DSMB Steering Committee of the CAR-T Front-End Clinical Trial (CCTL0192201J (EudraCT 2017-002116-14)).
She is the author of the publication of the results of the international study of tisagenlecleucel on pediatric LLA in the New England Journal of Medicine (Maude SL, Laetsch TW, Buechner, Rives S, Boyer M, Bittencourt H, et al. N Engl J Med 2018; 378: 439-448).
- Levine JE, Grupp SA, Pulsipher MA, Dietz AC, Rives-Sola S, Myers GD, August KJ, Verneris MR, Buechner J, Laetsch TW, Bittencourt H, Baruchel A, Boyer MW, De Moerloose B, Qayed M, Davies SM, Phillips CL, Driscoll TA, Bader P, Schlis K, Wood PA, Mody R, Yi L, Leung M, Eldjerou LK, June CH and Maude SL Pooled safety analysis of tisagenlecleucel in children and young adults with B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer . 9(8): .
- Niemeyer CM, Flotho C, Lipka DB, Starý J, Rössig C, Baruchel A, Klingebiel T, Micalizzi C, Michel G, Nysom K, Rives-Sola S, Schmugge Liner M, Zecca M, Schönung M, Baumann I, Nöllke P, Benettaib B, Biserna N, Poon J, Simcock M, Patturajan M, Menezes D, Gaudy A, van den Heuvel-Eibrink MM and Locatelli F Response to upfront azacitidine in juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia in the AZA-JMML-001 trial. blood advances . 5(14): 2901-2908.
- Vega-García N, Pérez-Jaume S, Esperanza-Cebollada E, Vicente-Garcés C, Torrebadell-Burriel M, Jiménez-Velasco A, Ortega M, Llop M, Abad L, Vagace JM, Minguela A, Pratcorona M, Sánchez-Garcia J, García-Calderon CB, Gómez-Casares MT, Martín-Clavero E, Escudero A, Riñón M, Muñoz L, Velasco MR, García-Morín M, Català-Temprano A, Pascual A, Velasco P, Fernandez JM, Lassaletta A, Fuster JL, Badell I, Molinos-Quintana A, Molinés A, Guerra-Garcia P, Pérez-Martínez A, García-Abós M, Robles R, Pisa S, Adán R, Díaz de Heredia C, José Luis Dapena Díaz, Rives-Sola S, Ramirez M and Camós-Guijosa M Measurable Residual Disease Assessed by Flow-Cytometry Is a Stable Prognostic Factor for Pediatric T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Consecutive SEHOP Protocols Whereas the Impact of Oncogenetics Depends on Treatment. Frontiers in pediatrics . 8: 614521-614521.
- Project name:
- Estudio piloto de la infusión de linfocitos T autólogos modificados genéticamente para expresar anti-CD19 en pacientes con leucemia o linfoma CD19+ resistente o refractario a tratamiento
- Susana Rives Solà
- Funding entities:
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Starting - finishing date:
- 2015 - 2018