- European Cooperation in Science and Technology
- Internal deadline:
- Official deadline:
A COST Action is an interdisciplinary research network that brings researchers and innovators together to investigate a topic of their choice for 4 years. COST Actions are typically made up of researchers from academia, SMEs, public institutions and other relevant organisations or interested parties. Open to all science and technology fields, including new and emerging fields; COST Actions offer an inclusive, pan-European environment for individuals of all levels of seniority to grow their professional research networks and boost their careers.
Objective of the call
The objective of the call is to enhance the scientific, technological or social excellence and transparency of COST through an accessible bottom-up opportunity. Proposals must contribute to the scientific, technological, economic, cultural or societal knowledge advancement and development of Europe to close the gap between science, policymakers and society. The call is transversal and open to ideas in all fields of Science and Technology. It fosters multi- and interdisciplinary projects, aiming to enable breakthrough scientific developments leading to new concepts and products.
Project duration: 4 years
The COST projects are implemented through a series of networking tools, such as:
- Meetings (i.e. Management Committee meetings, Working Group meetings);
- Training Schools;
- Mobility of Researchers and Innovators (Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) and Virtual Mobility (VM));
- Presentations at conferences organised by third parties (ITC Conference presentation and Dissemination presentations);
- Dissemination and Communication Products.
- Researchers and innovators from academia, public institutions, industry/SMEs, NGOs and European and international organisations.
- Half of the countries in the group of proposers must be COST Inclusiveness Target Countries.
- At least 7 peers from different COST countries.
In case of interest, please click on "m'interessa" and we will contact you.