- State Research Agency (Agencia Estatal de Investigación, AEI) and Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III, ISCIII)
- Projectes de recerca
- Internal deadline:
- Official deadline:
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by the United States Congress in 1950. One of its missions is to promote the progress of science by supporting basic research and people to create knowledge to transform the future.
This Collaborative research in Computational Neurosciencie (CRCNS) in call is intended to support collaborative activities that will advance the understanding of nervous system structure and function, mechanisms underlying nervous system disorders, and computational strategies used by the nervous system. Domestic (US) and international projects in partnership with France, Germany, Israel, Japan and/or Spain will be considered for NSF funding under this scheme.
The international components of collaborative projects may be funded in parallel by the following participating agencies:
- France: National Research Agency (Agence Nationale de la Recherche, ANR).
- Germany: Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, BMBF)
- Israel: United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation (BSF).
- Japan: National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT).
- Spain: State Research Agency (Agencia Estatal de Investigación, AEI) and National Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III, ISCIII).
Two classes of proposals will be considered under this call:research Proposals describing collaborative research projects, and Data Sharing Proposals to enable sharing of data and other resources.
Detailed information on potential research topics in those two fields is given in the call announcement, Section II.
Funding of $5 million to $20 million per year is available for 20 to 25 projects.
Awards typically range from approximately $100,000 to $250,000 per year per year per project in direct costs, with project duration of three to five years.
This range covers all components of a collaborative project for which funding is being sought from participating funders, including components inside and outside of the United States.
The Call Document (Program Solicitation NSF 20-609) provides links to the complete details regarding eligibility criteria for each partner country.
An applicant may only apply as PI or co-PI twice per application round.
In case of interest please click on "m'interessa" and we will put in contact with you.