Horizon Europe: Cluster 4_Digital, Industry and Space
- European Commission
- Projectes de recerca
- FSJd end:
- Depèn del Tòpic
Horizon Europe is the ninth European Research and Innovation Framework programme (2021-2027). In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is one of the key instruments of the European Union's efforts to steer and accelerate Europe's recovery, preparedness and resilience. In the context of a new European Research Area for research and innovation, it aims to strengthen Europe's knowledge base through frontier research, spur breakthrough innovation and support the development and demonstration of innovative solutions, and help restore industrial leadership and open strategic autonomy.
Activity under Horizon Europe is primarily organised under three 'pillars':
Pillar I - Excellent Science
Pillar II - Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness
Pillar III - Innovative Europe
As part of Pillar II, the EU has identified six clusters to help accelerate and steer Europe's digital and green transitions:
Cluster 1 - Health
Cluster 2 - Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
Cluster 3 - Civil Security for Society
Cluster 4 - Digital, Industry and Space
Cluster 5 - Climate, Energy and Mobility
Cluster 6 - Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment
This report covers research funding support available under Cluster 4 - Digital, Industry and Space.
The overarching vision behind the proposed investments under Cluster 4 is that of Europe shaping competitive, secure and trusted technologies for a European industry with global leadership in key areas, enabling production and consumption to respect the boundaries of the planet, and maximising the benefits for all parts of society in the variety of social, economic and territorial contexts in Europe.
The cluster will emphasise multilateral cooperation in areas of common interest, highlighting Europe's strong position in sustainability, and pursuing a level playing field, reciprocity and common standards. Collaborative R&I will be complemented through industrial and policy dialogues, to achieve these aims.
Cluster 4 will develop core and pervasive technologies that will be applied and used in many sectors of the economy to address challenges faced by society in areas such as health, transport, energy, food and agriculture, culture
Some relevant topics covered are listed below. Please refer to the PDF for the complete list of topics.
- HORIZON-CL4-2021-RESILIENCE-01-20: Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings (RIA). The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 23.00 million. Per topic 4.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 5 projects.
- HORIZON-CL4-2021-RESILIENCE-01-31: European Technological and Social Innovation Factory (RIA). The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 5.00 million. Per project 3.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 1-2 projects.
- HORIZON-CL4-2021-RESILIENCE-02-32: Social and affordable housing district demonstrator (IA). The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 10.00 million. Per project 2.5 million aprox. Expected to fund 4 projects.
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-RESILIENCE-01-13: Smart and multifunctional biomaterials for health innovations (RIA). The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 20.00 million. Per project 3 million aprox. Expected to fund 6 projects.
-HORIZON-CL4-2022-DIGITAL-EMERGING-02-19: 2D materials-based devices and systems for biomedical applications (RIA). The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 6 million. Per project 6 million aprox. Expected to fund one projects.
Any legal entity may participate in an action provided that the conditions laid down in the Rules of Participation have been met as well as any conditions laid down in the relevant work programme or work plan.
Applicants must be established in:
- A Member State of the European Union, including their outermost regions
- Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States
- Non-EU countries associated to Horizon Europe
Applications to Horizon Europe calls and topics must be submitted via the European Commission Funding and Tenders Portal.
More info at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/horizon/wp-call/2021-2022/wp-7-digital-industry-and-space_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf
In case of interest, please contact internacional(ELIMINAR)@fsjd.org