Horizon Europe: Cluster3_Civil Security for Society
- European Commission
- Projectes de recerca
- FSJd end:
- Depèn del Tòpic
Horizon Europe is the ninth European Research and Innovation Framework programme (2021-2027). In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is one of the key instruments of the European Union's efforts to steer and accelerate Europe's recovery, preparedness and resilience. In the context of a new European Research Area for research and innovation, it aims to strengthen Europe's knowledge base through frontier research, spur breakthrough innovation and support the development and demonstration of innovative solutions, and help restore industrial leadership and open strategic autonomy.
Activity under Horizon Europe is primarily organised under three 'pillars':
Pillar I - Excellent Science
Pillar II - Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness
Pillar III - Innovative Europe
As part of Pillar II, the EU has identified six clusters to help accelerate and steer Europe's digital and green transitions:
Cluster 1 - Health
Cluster 2 - Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
Cluster 3 - Civil Security for Society
Cluster 4 - Digital, Industry and Space
Cluster 5 - Climate, Energy and Mobility
Cluster 6 - Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment
This report covers research funding support available under Cluster 3 - Civil Security for Society.
The Civil Security for Society cluster will contribute to establishing, deploying and stewarding resilient critical digital and physical infrastructure, both private and public.
Strengthened European cybersecurity industrial capacities and the uptake of architectural principles of 'security-by-design' and 'privacy-by-design' in digital technologies will create increased open strategic autonomy and competitive edge and leadership in global markets vis-à-vis foreign technologies. Another expected contribution will be to defend the EU's high standards concerning the right to privacy, protection of personal data, and the protection of other fundamental rights in the digital age on the global stage.
Investments in research and innovation made to enhance cybersecurity under Cluster 3 will also contribute to the resilience of the digital infrastructures and their ability to supply and provide services, as well as the security and safety of all producers and users.
Some relevant topics covered are listed below. Please refer to the PDF for the complete list of topics.
- HORIZON-CL3-2021-FCT-01-03: Disinformation and fake news are combated and trust in the digital world is raised. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 16.00 million. Per topic 4.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 4 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2021-FCT-01-06: Domestic and sexual violence are prevented and combated. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 3.00 million. Per topic 3.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 2 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-FCT-01-03: Enhanced fight against the abuse of online gaming culture by extremists. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 6.00 million. Per topic 3.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 1 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2021-DRS-01-05: Fast deployed mobile laboratories to enhance situational awareness for pandemics and emerging infectious diseases. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 8.00 million. Per topic 4.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 2 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-DRS-01-01: Enhanced citizen preparedness in the event of a disaster or crisis-related emergency. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 10.00 million. Per topic 5.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 2 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-DRS-01-02: Enhanced preparedness and management of High-Impact Low-Probability or unexpected events. The total indicative budget for the topic is EUR 10.00 million. Per topic 5.00 million aprox. Expected to fund 2 projects.
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-DRS-01-04: Better understanding of citizens' behavioural and psychological reactions in the event of a disaster or crisis situation
For the exhaustive list of topics under this cluster please refer to the Workprogramme. https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/horizon/wp-call/2021-2022/wp-6-civil-security-for-society_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf
Any legal entity may participate in an action provided that the conditions laid down in the Rules of Participation have been met as well as any conditions laid down in the relevant work programme or work plan.
Applicants must be established in:
- A Member State of the European Union, including their outermost regions
- Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States
- Non-EU countries associated to Horizon Europe
Applications to Horizon Europe calls and topics must be submitted via the European Commission Funding and Tenders Portal.
More info at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/horizon/wp-call/2021-2022/wp-6-civil-security-for-society_horizon-2021-2022_en.pdf
In case of interest, please contact internacional(ELIMINAR)@fsjd.org