Travelling Fellowships - The Company of Biologists
- The Company of Biologists
- FSJd end:
- pSerling pounds 2.500
Travelling Fellowships of up to £2,500 to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories.
The Company of Biologists' journals - Development, Journal of Cell Science, The Journal of Experimental Biology, and Disease Models & Mechanisms (DMM) - offer fellowships to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories. These are designed to offset the cost of travel and other expenses.
Applicants should be working in the field of the journal to which they apply
Up to sterling pounds 2,500.
Expenses include travel, subsistence, accommodation, visa fees and bench fees. Travel insurance costs are not to be included in the expenses.
Applicants should be working in the field of the journal to which they apply and plan to visit another laboratory. Each application will be judged on the excellence of the candidate, as well as the importance and innovative quality of the work to be done.
- Only one person per laboratory may apply for funding, per funding round, per journal
- Applications are strictly limited to one journal only, per round of funding, per person
- The date of travel must occur within six months of funding being awarded
- Applications will not be considered retrospectively
- We do not provide funds to attend training courses
- Applications will be considered from early career scientists, which includes graduate students and post-doctoral researchers
- The application form and all supporting documents must be completed in English
- Travelling Fellowships can only be awarded once every two years from any of our journals per applicant
- Letters of support from your Head of Department and Supervisor*
- A letter of support from your host laboratory**
- Curriculum Vitae
- Publication list
* Please note if your Head of Department is also your Supervisor, two letters should be written, one in each capacity.
** Please note that both letters of support must be in English, on headed paper and signed
Deadline dates for applications:
31 May 2021 (for travel after 12 July 2021)
16 August 2021 (for travel after 27 September 2021)
18 October 2021 (for travel after 29 November 2021)
In case of interest, please contact with Research Management Department until 24th May 2021.