CZI Single-Cell Biology Data Insights RFA
- Entidad convocante:
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI)
- Projectes de recerca
- Plazo FSJD:
- $200.000 - $400.000
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) seeks applications for projects that aim to use and gain insights into health and disease from existing single-cell datasets to help accelerate progress toward challenges associated with the compilation and exploration of large atlas-scale data. Given the growth of single-cell biology and the rapid increase in available data, CZI is looking to support projects that will advance the fields of single-cell biology and data science.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative invites applications for the first of three cycles for 18-month projects focused on advancing tools and resources that make it possible to gain greater insights into health and disease from single-cell biology datasets.
The maximum budgets for proposed projects are $400,000 total costs for Expanded Projects and $200,000 total costs for Focused Projects. All projects awards will be for an 18-month duration. The goal of this opportunity is to create a network of projects that address broad computational challenges and needs within single-cell biology at a variety of scales. If applicants wish to highlight existing or prospective collaboration among projects, that is encouraged and allowable, but all applications will be reviewed for their individual merit and impact.
● Grants will be awarded at two levels: ○ $200,000 USD total costs (inclusive of up to 15 percent indirect costs) for grants that primarily support the effort of one to two full-time employees (FTEs) working on a given project. These efforts will benefit from additional collaborations in the network but will generally be directed towards benchmarking tools, extension of existing toolchains, or curating/integrating existing datasets to boost their utility for the field; and ○ $400,000 USD total costs (inclusive of up to 15 percent indirect costs) for networked grants that will require the participation of two to four FTEs. These projects may require dedicated effort from multiple projects to improve standards, improve toolchain interoperability, or undertake more extensive integration or benchmarking tasks.
● Funding is not intended to support experimental data generation; and
● Indirect costs cannot exceed 15 percent of direct costs for any grant proposal.
● Applications may be submitted by domestic and foreign nonprofit organizations, public and private institutions, such as colleges, universities, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local government, and eligible agencies of the federal government. For-profit organizations are not eligible to receive funding but may be involved in projects as a collaborator. All grants will be awarded to institutions, not individuals.
● Organizations may be based in any country.
● There may be more than one application submitted by each organization.
● Each application should designate one Principal Investigator (PI) as the Coordinating Principal Investigator (Coordinating PI). The Coordinating PI will act as the administrative contact between CZI and all other PIs on the grant (Co-PIs). The Coordinating PI must submit the application on behalf of all PIs. The Coordinating PI must be affiliated with the institution submitting the application, and grant funds will be awarded to that institution, which will take responsibility for distributing funds to any other institutions. Note that institutions outside the U.S. may not subcontract to U.S. institutions, so please be mindful when selecting the Coordinating PI/institution.
For further information regarding Eligibility Criteria, please refer to the Call Text listed down below.
Applications can be made during three cycles:
- Cycle 1: Opening: October 5th . Application deadline: December 14th
- Cycle 2: Opening: Mid-June 2022. Application deadline: Late July 2022.
- Cycle 3: Opening: Mid-May 2023. Application deadline: Mid-June 2023
For further information regarding the Application process and instructions, please refer to the Application Instructions listed down below.
If you are interested, please contatc Frecerca.internacional(ELIMINAR)@sjd.es