European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) - ERN Research Mobility Fellowships Programme
- Entidad convocante:
- European Comission
- Projectes de recerca
- Plazo FSJD:
- Up to €2.400
The European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) was established to help in coordinating the research efforts of European, Associated and non-European countries in the field of rare diseases and to implement the objectives of the International Rare Disease Research Consortium (IRDiRC).
European Reference Networks (ERNs) are virtual networks involving healthcare providers across Europe. They aim to facilitate discussion on complex or rare diseases and conditions that require highly specialised treatment, and concentrated knowledge and resources.
As part of its educational activities, EJP RD runs a Research Mobility Fellowship Programme dedicated to young researchers in the European Reference Networks (ERNs). The aim of the programme is to foster the acquisition of skills and knowledge relevant to rare disease research. Both clinical and translational research projects are eligible for funding.
Research exchange visits can be carried out:
- Within the same ERN (Full Members and Affiliated Partners)
- Between different ERNs (Full Members and Affiliated Partners)
- Between ERN Full Members/Affiliated Partners and non-ERN institutions
Either the home or host (secondment) institution must be a Full Member or Affiliated Partner of an ERN at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay. Visits can last from one to six months.
The duration of training stay is four weeks to six months.
Travel expenses of up to €400 will be reimbursed (one single return ticket) from the place or origin to the host institution. The most appropriate and cost-effective means of transport must be used.
Accommodation expenses up to a maximum of €100 per night, €2,000 per month, will be covered for a fellowship with a maximum duration of up to six months.
Costs covered by a fellowship have to be financed in advance by the fellows and will be reimbursed against receipt up to the fixed limits.
Other subsistence costs such as telephone costs, meals and local transport (bus, tram, metro, taxi, parking, motorway tolls, etc) will not be reimbursed.
The following are eligible to apply:
- PhD students with a minimum of one year of research experience at the time of submitting a proposal
- Postdocs/research fellows within five years after receiving PhD degree at the time of submitting the proposal
- Physicians with at least one year of rare disease specialist training and within five years of completion of clinical training at the time of submitting the proposal
- Either home or host (secondment) institution must be a Full Member or Affiliated Partner of an ERN at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay.
- Both the home and host institutions must be located in EU countries and/or in countries in which EJP RD beneficiaries are located, which are: Austria, Armenia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey and UK.
- Residency of the applicant must be in a country involved in EJP RD.