Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers 2019
- Entidad convocante:
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Plazo FSJD:
- 2,650 € per month
In providing Humboldt Research Fellowships for experienced researchers, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars from abroad, who completed their doctorates less than four years ago, to spend extended periods of research (6-24 months) in Germany.
2,650 EUR per month (post-doctoral researchers) and 3,150 EUR per month (experienced researchers). This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.
Additional benefits for research fellows include, amongst others, a lump sum for the fellow’s travel expenses if the costs are not borne by a third party; language fellowship for an intensive language course; family allowances for accompanying family members: flat-rate allowance for single parents.
1. Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than four years prior to the date of application. Candidates who have nearly completed their doctoral degrees are eligible to apply provided that they submit the manuscript of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation.
2. Academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
3. Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert's report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany. Details of the research outline including information on the intended duration of the fellowship must be agreed with the intended host before applying.
4. Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and one other academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant's eligibility, preferably including a reviewer not working at the applicant's own institute.
5. Language skills: scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
6. Applications to continue a research stay already underway can only be considered in exceptional cases. The applicant may not have spent an extended period in Germany prior to application. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
7. The Humboldt-Foundation assumes that candidates will abide the Rules of Good Scientific Practice and the legally-binding principles of scientific ethics during the application and sponsorship periods.
Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
Important: There is no closing date for submitting applications
In case of interest, please contact with FSJD Research's Department.