Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers 2019
- Entidad convocante:
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Plazo FSJD:
- 3,150 € per month
In providing Humboldt Research Fellowships for experienced researchers, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars from abroad, who completed their doctorates less than twelve years ago, to spend extended periods of research (6-18) months; may be divided up into a maximum of three blocks in Germany.
3,150 EUR per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.
Additional benefits for research fellows include, amongst others, a lump sum for the fellow’s travel expenses if the costs are not borne by a third party; language fellowship for an intensive language course; family allowances for accompanying family member; flat-rate allowance for single parents.
6-18 months, The stays may be divided up into a maximum of three visits lasting a minimum of three months each.
1. Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than twelve years prior to the date of application. If it is not possible or customary to take a doctorate in the candidate's subject or country, an application may be submitted up to 16 years after completing a Master's or Diploma degree, provided that the publication record is commensurate with the candidate's career stage.
2. The candidate's own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
3. Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert's statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
4. Two expert reviews from important collaborative partners and/or academics from the candidate's own institute and, if possible, from abroad.
5. Necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English.
Eligible applicants must have lived outside Germany for a minimum of 12 months in total in the 18-month period prior to submission of the application
Important: There is no closing date for submitting applications
In case of interest, please contact with FSJD Research's Department.